Monday, December 7, 2015
ART 211: The Met
'Das Rheingold' at The Met: I enjoyed Robert Lepage's narration and take on the views of opera, and I could find myself relating to what he was saying. I myself have never been a fan of opera; I personally think that the music is a little creepy. Lepage spoke that many people do not understand the excitement behind opera and it takes a certain kind of person to appreciate it's beauty. He also spoke about the different aspects of the performances, such as the excitement it builds, the architect of the scene, and the actors and actresses that sometimes will play in an opera-based play. I do believe that if I were to enjoy opera, I would enjoy the story aspect of the music and plays that go on. I would like to see the architecture of the stage that producers and artists create.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment