Pages

Monday, December 7, 2015

ART 211: Art vs. Design Article - Thoughts

In the Art vs. Design article by Craig A Elimeliah, the author discusses what he believes makes the difference in art and in design. As an artist, producer, and designer himself, he knows the different skill sets that each form of art require. The difference in art and design are outlined by a couple of different qualities. First, that design requires a more intricate framework and pattern. Second, while art is more thoughtful and usually expels emotion, design is not quite the same because of the planning that goes behind it. Lastly, design is based on trends and influences at the time..which is why we have different clothing and architecture fads. Art is more open to interpretation and preference. 
I believe that I would prefer design over art, if given the chance to choose. I enjoy experimenting with different color patterns and schemes. I also am very detail-oriented, and I believe that personality aspect would aide me in design. Art seems to me to be more of a broad subject..open to interpretation. I tend to have difficulties completing a task when there are not detailed directions. For these reasons, design seems to be more appealing to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment