Flash mobs are a form of performance art in which large groups of people perform a song, dance, or act in the middle of an unexpected platform. Flash mobs have always been so interesting to me, and I always enjoy watching videos of them on YouTube. I have never experienced one in real life, but I would love to either watch one or be in one! I think the most interesting aspect of the flash mob is the reactions it draws from the onlookers. I watched the video of the "Frozen" flash mob in Grand Central Station. 207 actors stood frozen in place, in the middle of their action, while everyone else just walked around them or poked them to get them to move. It was humorous to hear the reactions of everyone around them; everyone was disheveled, some were confused, and some were concerned that there was actually something wrong with the people.
I give credit to the actors who do the flash mobs. To hold a pose for an extended amount of time is hard, especially if people are poking at them. Also, to keep that poker face must be tremendously difficult and require a lot of self control. I definitely would not be able to keep from smiling.
No comments:
Post a Comment