I enjoyed the YouTube video of the opera Carmen that took place in the Metropolitan in the 1970s. The opera Carmen is actually the opera that I wrote my paper on. I chose this opera for a couple of different reasons. I enjoy that the language is french, because I am actually of French-Canadian heritage and I like to try to listen to the words and make out which sentences that I can understand. Also, the music in the opera is exciting and romantic. Mostly, the aspect I enjoy the most about this opera is the storyline. The story is about a beautiful women named Carmen that has all the men in her town entranced by her beauty. They all want a chance at winning Carmen's heart. Carmen, knowing this and being confident in her good looks, uses this to her advantage. This opera differs from the rest because of it's music style, plot, and use of numerous characters. The stage is always filled with interesting props and back up characters, rather than a boring soliloquy.
Monday, December 7, 2015
ART 211: Carmen Habanera
I enjoyed the YouTube video of the opera Carmen that took place in the Metropolitan in the 1970s. The opera Carmen is actually the opera that I wrote my paper on. I chose this opera for a couple of different reasons. I enjoy that the language is french, because I am actually of French-Canadian heritage and I like to try to listen to the words and make out which sentences that I can understand. Also, the music in the opera is exciting and romantic. Mostly, the aspect I enjoy the most about this opera is the storyline. The story is about a beautiful women named Carmen that has all the men in her town entranced by her beauty. They all want a chance at winning Carmen's heart. Carmen, knowing this and being confident in her good looks, uses this to her advantage. This opera differs from the rest because of it's music style, plot, and use of numerous characters. The stage is always filled with interesting props and back up characters, rather than a boring soliloquy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment