My take on the Madama Butterfly animation, was that it was interesting to watch the story unfold but quite disturbing. While the music was beautiful in some forms, I myself am not much of a fan of opera, so I couldn't exactly bring myself to enjoy the music. As for the art animation, it seemed to be very outdated so I am wondering when this animation was created. My guess would be early to mid 1900's based on the animation and music.
The story within the short film was quite sad. A navy, it seemed to be, impregnated a woman and left her deserted on an island to have his child and than when the child was much older, took the child and left the woman to die on the island. In my opinion, what was disturbing about the animation was: the distorted sex scene, how the producer used a fish to represent the pregnancy, and how that fish somehow morphed into a child, and lastly the end of the animation where the women literally ripped herself apart and became a butterfly. I do believe that this sort of disturbing type of scene goes along quite well with the depressing opera music. Additionally, the producer painted a perfect scene of sadness, with the art animation of the island. They included dark colors to paint the island, and storms to create a constant scene of sadness. The animation, all in all, was very interesting, and I do believe many artists or individuals that are interested in this type of art and music would enjoy it.
No comments:
Post a Comment